"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." (James 1:27)
We have a heart-as the church-to embrace vulnerable children in our community and the world. Our hope is to support families who have been called by God to grow their families through adoption & foster care. Our church community is committed to support households with the adoption and foster care process and their life as a family after welcoming their new child into their home.
Jubilee Adoption Stories
If you are interested in considering adoption or foster care and want to learn more, please join us at our STL City location on December 7th for an informational meeting. Contact Curt McCutchan at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Ways to support adoption & Foster Care Families
1. Pray for vulnerable children and families who serve them through adoption and foster care.
2. Pray for individuals dealing with unwanted pregnancies and for homeless children/youth.
3. Bring meals when new kids join an adoption/foster family or to give a parent a night off from cooking.
4. Offer clothes to families or support organizations who serve children
5. Send gift cards for groceries or household items
6. Help get a bedroom ready for a new child
7. Babysit to give the foster/adoptive parents a break
8. Meet families at church who foster or adopt and discover ways to help and pray for them
9. Provide a gift for a child's birthday. (Or on your birthday, ask for gifts for an adoption or foster care child. See "Birthday Buddies" idea at foster-adopt.org/birthday-buddies )
10. Host a "parents night out" with your community group for foster and adoptive families you know
Ongoing Support Options
1. Tutor or mentor a foster or adopted child
2. Support workers and/or volunteer at a community organization that assists foster & adoption children and families.
3. Serve as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (C.A.S.A.)
4. Become a licensed Respite Care Provider for foster families.
Jubilee has joined with these organizations to support the care for vulnerable children.
Jubilee has financial support available for members who complete our adoption support process. Lifesong for Orphans ministry helps Jubilee process & review potential adoptive families and then recommend a financial support plan for each couple.
CarePortal brings the needs of hurting children and families in our community to our attention. Child welfare workers uncover the needs. CarePortal makes interested persons in Jubilee Church aware local needs, giving them a real-time opportunity to respond. (Currently operating in St. Louis City and Kirkwood locations.)